US Dental License for Foreign Trained Dentists


Monday, November 12, 2018


Dental License in California for Foreign Trained Dentists
Dental License in California for Foreign Trained Dentists

Dental License in California for Foreign Trained Dentists

Generally speaking, a foreign trained dentist, or for that matter anybody else, can obtain a license to practice dentistry in California by successfully completing one of the following scenarios:

1. Application for license after successful completion of the WREB examination (after January 1, 2005). In addition to passing the WREB examination, the board also requires satisfactory evidence of having graduated from a dental school approved by the board, having passed parts I and II of the NBDE. Other requirements and conditions also apply, more information can be found here.

2. Application for license by Credential: This would only apply to dentists with a “clear and valid” dental license in another US state.

3. Application for license by Residency: This is one of the new and exciting options to obtain dental license. On February 1, 2008 the Office of Administrative Law approved the Board’s Emergency regulations implementing SB 683, qualification for dental license on the basis of completion of a minimum of 12 months of a general practice residency or advanced education in general dentistry program approved by the ADA’s Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). This is in lieu of having to sit for the California Clinical examination or the WREB examination. You should be a graduate of an ADA or board approved dental program, completed a CODA-approved GPR or AEGD, passed parts I & II of the NBDE, not failed the WREB clinical examination within the last five years, other conditions and requirements must be met also.

No comments:

Post a Comment